I wrote this post last September and never posted it. It seemed to fit at this point of my year in review, so here it is.
Things no one tells you about when your daughter goes to college:
- You can’t really trust your husband or son’s dress sense. Do those heels go with leggings? (Donn: It looks fine to me? Abel: shrugs) Is this shirt too casual for teaching? (Donn: Hmmm. Maybe? Abel: It looks fine to me.) Too much cleavage? (Donn: No! Abel: Mo-om! Gosh!)
- She took your fingernail polish remover. All of it. You will discover this when you’re redoing your toenails at the last minute before an evening out.
- All the fun jewelry you used to borrow sometimes? It’s gone too. Along with some of your earrings.
- Your sock drawer? Completely decimated. She left you two pairs–a black pair for boots and a purple pair for the gym.
- Five is a nice number. I was going to say an even number, but then you would tell me it’s actually an odd number. I had started a 5th thing, back in September, but I can’t remember what it was. I guess I could be serious and say how much you’ll miss your daughter, but you knew that anyway. Everyone knows that.