Today’s post was written by Ilsa, age 10 and 11.5/12ths.
- The good old Sahara heat!
- Not wearing seat belts.
- Going to the beach every week, and the water actually being warm.
- My friends! (Hi Bethany and Haley and Aidan and Esther and Matthew and Erik, etc)
- My school–I miss my nice teacher from last year especially
- Throwing sand-balls at the boys
- Weston, our dog
What I don’t miss about Mauritania:
- I do not miss the jellyfish at the beach
- I don’t miss the boys throwing jellyfish at me while I’m trying to eat my sandwich. Also dead fish and fish bones. We took revenge, though.
What I like about being in America this year:
- There’s delicious candy
- Christmas presents that don’t break the second you touch them
- my friends here
- there are better puppies and kittens here; cuter and different kinds
- good old air-conditioning!
- And now, heat.
- Hot chocolate w/o skin!
Here is a still life I drew with my pastels. I used a creamer and sugar from the 60s with a really fun shape, and I added fruit and drew a frame with patterns copied off the china. My dad scanned it:
Edited to add: In wordpress, this shows with a complete frame. I can’t figure out why the blog itself shows it cut off. *frustrated sigh*